Monte San Savino (Arezzo), furnished historical house right next to Chianti Gallo Nero, in the heart of Tuscany. The property extends over 12 acres and is composed mainly of a prestigious villa that dates back to the early 1800's. It's a 4,800 sqft on 3 levels, and is unique to the area.
- First floor (piano terra): huge living room with fireplace decorated with two 16th century 'capitelli', dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and an ancient underground cellar in basalt rock restored (about 320 sqft), with internal well dating back to the early 1800's;
- Second floor (primo piano): 4 bed / 3 bath, and a living room with fireplace from the 1800's;
- Attic (secondo piano) : 1 bed / 1 bath.
The renovation of the current Villa was completed in 2005, and includes: terracotta floors, ceilings with exposed wood beams, external patio surfaces done in treated terracotta flooring, original doors of the 1800. Double glazed windows, autonomous heating and alarm system. With the renovation, the ancient cellar was discovered. It is located under the kitchen, and its ancient structure was respected and maintained, with two walls of pure basalt rock (an authentic rarity) and a third wall with a double arch in original bricks, a wooden base resting on an insulating iron net, and a well of still underground water which is not only of great aesthetic value, but also of historic and cultural value, being the only internal surviving well.
The property also has:
- a guest house in stone and brick facade. It's 1,000 sqft, 2 bed / 1 bath, with dining-living room, kitchen, ceilings with exposed wooden beams, Spanish doors (Toledo) in colonial style;
- a rustic stone / brick (420 sqft) which has been restored externally, roof and attic with a beautiful loggia overlooking the valley;
- an old, restored covered bread oven, and a garage.
The park that surrounds the villa is over 10,000 sqft with a water fountain at its center, from the early 1800's. In addition, the property has 5 acres of olive trees, 3.7 acres of forest, 2.5 acres of hazelnut trees, and other land.
The property is situated on one of the still unspoiled places of Tuscany, surrounded by its park with centuries-old trees, ancient fountains, and a view that goes from Cortona to Val di Chiana, including the tips of the Tosca-Emilian Apennines mountain range.
FOR SALE: EURO 899,000 !!
Listing agent: Piero Lorenzo