1) This is the best time to buy a home in Italy. The prices are the lowest they have been in the last 15-20 years. You can find incredible deals at very affordable prices.
2) Italy is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. Art, history, culture, food, fashion, ancient structures, the seas, the mountains, green, rolling Tuscan hills, rocky and stunning cliffs over crystal waters, cultural heritage sites, Greek ruins, cannoli, pasta, the perfect espresso, and much, much more...
3) You can Airbnb your home and earn an income. There are no restrictions on this in Italy.
4) To buy a home, you just need your USA passport and the codice fiscale, which is free of cost and simple to get.
5) If you would like to stay longer than 3 months each trip, you could apply for the long term visa, if you don't need to work in Italy, or for dual citizenship, if you have an Italian ancestor. This way, you can cut some costs and taxes, and can stay as long as you prefer without restriction.
6) Property tax and utilities are less expensive than in the USA. So, you can cover the managing costs of the house and your trips to Italy though the income from the vacation rentals.
7) Being able to live on two continents, North America and Europe, is the best gift you can give to yourself, for your mind, for your culture, and your well being.
8) You can easily visit all of Italy and Europe, bytrain, car, and low cost flights, with extremely short travel times.
9)Transferring money to Italy, using the right 'ways', is not expensive at all.
10) If you don't need to work or run a business in Italy, thereby avoiding things like the bureaucracy, business taxes and regulations, etc, then you get to just enjoy the lifestyle and endless delights it has to offer, and Italy becomes the best place in the world to live.
Piero Lorenzo I was a real estate broker in Florence for many years, and I have been a California realtor since 2015. Currently, I am broker owner of Lorenzo International Real Estate, based in Santa Cruz, CA. I'm specializing in international real estate, and in particular I have been helping Americans to buy their dream home in Italy. Working with me, you get the safest and most relaxed purchase possible. I know the two different cultures very well, and the difference in approaches and requirements. I know the two different real estate worlds in detail, and the nuanced differences in habits and expectations that buyers and sellers have in the two cultures. Dream, until your dreams come true.!!